Epsom Salts Packs
The Edgar Cayce readings recommended a variety of packs to relieve pain, improve eliminations, and produce relaxation in the body. Epsom salts packs were often recommended for symptomatic relief of abdominal or lower back pain. Here are some simple directions for making and using Epsom salts packs for lower back pain:
- Dissolve Epsom salts in hot water (two cups to a quart of water) in a small basin or pot.
- Soak a large piece of flannel or heavy towel in the Epsom salts solution.
- Apply the pack over the affected area.
- Place plastic over the pack and then a heating pad to maintain the heat until the Epsom salts have completely dried or have become caked in the pack.
- Leave the pack on until it becomes hardened or dried.
- Cleanse the area with water.
- Massage the area with pure (cold-pressed) peanut oil using all the oil that the body will absorb.
Note: As this information is not intended for self-diagnosis or self-treatment, your use of this database of information indicates that you are aware of our recommendation that you consult with a professional healthcare provider before taking any action.