gifts of stock
Giving securities (appreciated stocks and bonds) is an easy and tax-wise way to show your support for Edgar Cayce’s A.R.E.
Securities are among the most popular assets used in making charitable donations today, especially since selling these assets often incurs capital gains taxes. Consider making a cost-effective gift to the A.R.E. by donating your appreciated securities.
- a charitable tax deduction equal to the full fair market value of the securities at the time of your gift
- avoidance of the capital gains tax on the increase in value
- reduction of the cost of making a gift, when a long- or mid-term appreciated stock gift is made
- donating securities is easy
Instructions for Electronic Stock Transfer
Electronic transfer is the easiest and most expedient method when a donor maintains holdings in a brokered account. It is also our preferred method of transfer.
There are TWO steps.
1. Your broker will need the following information in order to transfer assets to the A.R.E.:
|A.R.E. Account Name:
|Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc.
|A.R.E. Account Number:
|A.R.E. DTC ID Number:
|A.R.E. Federal ID
|Client Advisory Center
|Truist Investment Services (clearing through Fidelity)
|888-516-5247, option 3
2. Contact us to ensure efficient processing and acknowledgement of your gift. If you don’t contact us, we will not know who donated the stock when it is received! Please let us know how you want your gift to be used, the identity of the stock you are transferring and the number of shares. Please do not rely on your broker or wire transfer service to provide us with this information.
Contact Cassie McQuagge at 757-457-7210.
If you have physical possession of your stock certificate, please see our Instructions for Stock Certificates.