Status: Regular Full -Time
Hours: 40 hours/week
Coordinate library services to patrons. Oversee training of library volunteers; assure continuity, coordination, effectiveness and professionalism. Monitor loan and retrieval policies and procedures, determine that they are up-to-date and uniformly applied to patrons. Assist in cataloging all library materials.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Greet, orient, and assist visitors, providing excellent customer service to all.
- Coordinate and perform library circulation desk duties and services.
- Coordinate training of library volunteers. Perform shelf reading in coordination with volunteers.
- Monitor the use of library circulation system.
- Desk duty for all shifts plus necessary rotations to cover vacations, etc.
- Answer circulation-related correspondence and assist with other research inquiries as assigned including requests made through the Edgar Cayce Foundation.
- Provide assistance and guidance to patrons in accessing all library resources.
- Maintain periodical and reference files and order library supplies as needed.
- Assist in selecting, cataloging, weeding, and processing all library materials.
- Monitor all aspects of readings topical files loan service; replace missing or lost files.
- Assist with sorting donations for processing and book pricing for the sale shelves.
- Assist with cataloging, processing, and scanning various media formats through the Edgar Cayce Foundation.
- Other related duties, activities and responsibilities as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience, two or more years of library experience required.
- Library science courses in reader services preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in customer service required.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with computers (Windows, Google Chrome & Microsoft Office) required.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Follett Destiny and Aptify preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work performed under broad supervision.
- Work requires a very high level of independent judgment, permitting wide latitude for independent action.
- Work requires a very high level of analytical ability.
- Position regularly deals with outsiders and all levels within the organization.
- Directly impacts the A.R.E.’s image with members and the public.
- A good sense of humor.
Special Job or Training Demands:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with people required.
- Visual acuity and physical mobility are important.
- Knowledge of the philosophy in the Edgar Cayce readings and a belief in the work of the A.R.E. and its purpose is required.
- Estimated time to proficiency is six months.
Scope and Impact of the position:
- This position acts continuously as a representative of the A.R.E. as an organization; must project a positive image as reflected by the philosophy of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings
- Effective performance of this position is critical.
- The ability to move between buildings on uneven ground and to use staircases in historical buildings without elevators is required.
- Ability to life and carry 25 lbs. of boxes of materials/supplies and transport over uneven ground on a regular basis is required.
Equal employment opportunity for all is an essential philosophy at the A.R.E. and throughout the organization, including Atlantic University, Edgar Cayce Foundation, Cayce/Reilly School of Massage, and the A.R.E. Health Center and Spa. We will evaluate all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, color, veteran status, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.