Each year, the A.R.E. Headquarters in Virginia Beach attracts tens of thousands of individuals from around the world — vacationers, scholars, researchers, philosophers, health care professionals, and students of all kinds. For countless reasons, these individuals come to investigate the information that Cayce brought forth in his psychic "readings" and discover for themselves how that material is being used today in the fields of health, personal spirituality, intuition, education, and research, and to promote spiritual development at both individual and global levels.
- The A.R.E. Library, the jewel of the visitors center which houses not only the transcripts of the more than 14,000 Cayce readings that were preserved during his lifetime, but also one of the largest, most respected metaphysical libraries in the world. Whether you're a serious scholar doing research or just stopping in to visit, the library's extensive collection of often-hard-to-find books on holistic health, psychic experience, psychology, and comparative religions is at the top of your must-see list.
- The Edgar Cayce Foundation is the home of the historical archives of A.R.E. and of Edgar Cayce's life. Its vault houses original copies of the readings, correspondence, papers, manuscripts, historical photos, and many unique artifacts of the Edgar Cayce legacy.
- The Visitor Center offers free activities every day including a film, tour, and lecture. We also have a weekend meditation course and E.S.P. testing. Visit our Daily Activities calendar for details.
- The Bookstore and Gift Shop located in the Visitors Center offers a wide variety of books and other products for those interested in topics from the Cayce readings. From thousands of books to Cayce healthcare products, based on formulas given in the readings, you'll find a wealth of information, materials, and gifts, covering the full-range of topics mentioned in the Edgar Cayce readings.
- The A.R.E. Health Center & Spa, with appointments daily for therapies to enhance your health - body, mind, and spirit. Whether you're in Virginia Beach for a day, a week, or an extended period, you owe yourself a Cayce/Reilly® massage; it's like none other in the world!
- The A.R.E. campus also houses the unique Cayce/Reilly® Massage School, offering professional training in holistic massage therapy, advanced post-graduate bodywork courses, and hands-on Continuing Education weekend workshops at the professional and introductory levels.
- A.R.E. Conferences touch on the full range of subjects Cayce addressed, and beyond, with world-renowned speakers.
- Explore the treasures of Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. with an experiential, interactive Group Tour. Customize an experience to meet the needs and desires of your group.Our tour packages, designed for larger groups, include the Legacy film, a tour of our facility, plus an experience such as unlocking the mystery of your dreams, finding your mission and purpose in life, or holistic health and healing.
- We're at 67th St. and Atlantic Avenue, so the closest hotel to us is The Wyndham (800-365-3032), just 10 blocks away, and if you tell them you are going to A.R.E., they may have a discount. There are many other hotels in the immediate area many 25 blocks south of us. Here's a site that may help if you are visiting the area: www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com/visitors. You'll find our free Daily Activities or our world-class HQ Conference Schedule.
Come explore the fascinating work of Edgar Cayce, one of the most documented psychics of all time, a renowned mystic, and the "father of holistic medicine."