For more information, call 1-888-273-3339 or Contact Us
NEW MEXICO AND MESA VERDE
Led by Don Carroll
October 24- 31, 2015
Discover the captivating Southwest and learn about the
Native American cultures that thrived in this area.
This tour is moderately strenuous; there will be daily walking sometimes on uneven and/or rugged
terrain. The group will be doing some light hiking on some of the sites, expect to climb stairs (some
ladders at Chaco Canyon) and small hills. Keep in mind that we will be in elevations above 5,000ft
and will be at an elevation of 10,378ft at the top of Sandia Peak after our tramway ride just outside
- Visit Chaco Canyon and explore the ruins of 13 major pueblos (houses) and several thousand smaller sites that exemplify the flowering of the Chaco Anasazi.
- Take an excursion to Mesa Verde National Park with its spectacular cliff dwellings which are some of the world’s largest and best preserved.
- Explore the picturesque city of Santa Fe and enjoy the great energy of the area.
"Before that the entity was in the land of the present sojourn, but in the areas of the Southwest; for
the entity then was among those called the Cliff Dwellers, being of those peoples who came up from
Yucatan to the Northeast and to portions of Arizona and New Mexico - as now known. The entity
was a teacher, a leader, a priestess of the people."
(Edgar Cayce Reading 5729-1)
Led by John Van Auken
February 13-21, 2016
Legal U.S. travel to Cuba is now an option through the People-to-People Cultural Exchange Program!
The program is designed to create engaging and meaningful encounters with Cuba's warm and vibrant people and allow you to fully experience the sounds, sights, and flavors of Cuba! It's also a "trip down memory lane" in more ways than one as you may feel you have stepped back into the 1950s surrounded by antique cars still cruising the streets, or you may slip into a reverie of the Lost Lands of Atlantis.
- Explore the lush countryside, stroll the quaint streets, and meet the inviting Cuban people: artists, dancers, musicians, shopkeepers, and chefs!
- Touch the ground that may have once been Atlantean soil.
- Explore the cities of Havana, Matanzas, Pinar del Rio, and more.
PERU AND BOLIVIA
Led by Peter Woodbury, MSW and spiritual guide, Juan de Dios Kucho
May 11-22, 2016; optional extension to view the Nazca Lines
Immerse yourself in ancient history as you walk ancient paths and explore historic ruins. Experience the rich culture as you browse the colorful Pisac Market to discover Pervian handicrafts, rugs and blankets, Incan pottery and more; even participate in a Shamanic Ceremony with renowned Shaman and Healer, Juan de Dios Kucho.
- Walk the ancient paths of Machu Picchu and explore the mystical Pisac Ruins and Ollantaytambo Fortress.
- Explore the wonders of Lima, Cusco, the Sacred Valley, Aguas Calientes, and Puno.
- Pay your respects to Lake Titicaca, the "Birthplace of the Sun," hear the whispers of the ancient Incas at Tiahuanaco, and marvel at the floating islands of the indigenous Uros on Uros and Toquile Islands.
Led by John Van Auken
July 10-24, 2016
Walk the winding paths amongst quaint cottages, touch the standing stones and feel their ancient energies, wander the lush, green valleys, and raise a glass at a traditional Irish Pub to toast your latest adventure!
- Visit Dublin's Trinity College, which houses the "Book of Kells" and the National Museum of Ireland.
- Explore Trim Castle, Boyne Valley, sacred sites, Wicklow Mountain and Glendalough.
- Enjoy the sites in Kenmare, Tralee, the Dingle Peninsula, Lough Gur and Ennis.
A.R.E. Travel Programs
215 67th Street- Virginia Beach, VA 23451-2061 USA
Call Toll Free US Only: (1-888) 273-3339
757-428-3588 Extension 7186 ~ Fax: 757-428-2515